Auto Accident Injury Treatment With Our Hiawatha Chiropractor
Marion and Hiawatha chiropractor team Dr. Lee Wickwire, Dr. Nicole DeWitt, and Dr. Colt DeWitt are honored to provide the local Iowa community with natural auto accident injury treatment. The current technologies and techniques available to chiropractic care are more advanced than ever, while still affording patients pharma-free and invasive-free care that pose minimal to no risks of adverse reactions.
If you've been in an auto accident before, we encourage you to call and arrange an appointment at Wickwire Chiropractic and Wellness Center.
Whiplash And Other Common Types of Car Accident Injury
Whiplash, also known as neck strain, is common during a car accident because of the forceful jarring on the body when a car suddenly decelerates or changes direction. Common symptoms include neck pain and stiffness, headaches, jaw pain, shoulder pain, and arm numbness and tingling.
Other common types of car accident injury include:
- Shoulder injury: the shoulder joint may become dislocated, the rotator cuff muscles may become strained or torn, and the brachial plexus nerves may become stretched and damaged; this is often as an unfortunate consequence of a life-saving seatbelt
- Back pain: a joint in the spine may become misaligned due to force and stress; likewise, if a vertebral bone fractures then it may end up slipping forward relative to the bone underneath it (spondylolisthesis). Additional causes of back pain caused by a car accident injury include disc herniation (tear of the disc), disc bulge, and muscle strain.
- Leg pain: if a joint, muscle, or nerve in the back compresses on a lower spinal nerve root, this can lead to numbness, tingling, and pain in the buttocks and leg. Leg pain can also happen during a car accident if a knee impacts against the dashboard, leading to damage to the patella and surrounding tissues.
How a Chiropractor in Hiawatha IA Manages Car Accident Injury
Did you know that many people who sustain a car accident injury will still deal with symptoms months or even years later? Sometimes these symptoms don't show up immediately, either, because stress hormones released during trauma can mask pain. A chiropractor in Hiawatha can naturally relieve your car accident injury in several ways:
- Chiropractic adjustments and corrective exercises to heal tissues, reduce inflammation, and restore normal range of motion
- Postural screens and lifestyle counseling to minimize exacerbating imbalances and prevent recurring symptoms
- Nutritional counseling to facilitate cellular health and reduced inflammation